Official World TeamTennis Statement Regarding The Coronavirus And The 2020 Season
WTT Season: 1st
Forest Hills, New York
• Reached the championships in his first season coaching a World TeamTennis franchise. Played nine seasons of WTT.
• Recognized as an All-American stand-out in Singles and Doubles while playing at the University of Southern California.
• Turned pro in 1987 and began dominating Doubles and Mixed Doubles, reaching a career-high World Ranking of No. 6 in Doubles.
• Won the 1993 French Open Doubles title with younger brother Murphy, the head coach of Washington Kastles. During career, competed and won against the tennis greats, including Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe, Ivan Lendl, Stefan Edberg, and Boris Becker.
• Transitioned from professional playing career to working in the tennis community. Co-Founded the Jensen-Schmidt Tennis Academy for Down Syndrome and has also coached the Women’s Tennis Team at Syracuse.
• Is the Director of Racquet Sports at the historic West Side Tennis Club in Forest Hills, NY and is a Tennis Analyst for various networks including ESPN.@lukebjensen