2019 National Qualifier – Raleigh
August 16 – 18
Millbrook Exchange Tennis Center
1905 Spring Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
Tournament Director: Jennifer Smith (800) 832-6836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Deadline: August 2nd
ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED ON HARD COURTS
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY?
- Winning teams of any official World TeamTennis (WTT) local league division are eligible to attend one National Qualifier within 12 months from the date their local league ended. Teams may also compete in the qualifier immediately after the 12 months. If the winning team is unable to compete in any National Qualifier within the 12 months, plus the immediate qualifier, the second place team will become eligible to attend within the same timeframe.
- For every four (4) teams in any official WTT local league division, one (1) team will qualify.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. Ratings from the start of the local league will be used. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted. Additional rating information can be found at Rec League Rules
- All players must be registered WTT members and must be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the National Qualifier. All players participating in the Senior division must be at least 50 years of age within the calendar year. All players in the Super Senior division must be at least 60 years of age within the calendar year.
- Teams entering the Senior and Super Senior divisions qualify to attend a National Qualifier by either winning their local league or tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local league or tournament is not available. If a team is assembled, the current NTRP ratings of the players will be used.
- Only those players registered on the original local league roster are eligble to play in a National Qualifier. All players must have played at least two (2) local matches for their qualifying team. A team must have played at least three (3) matches. A maximum of 10 rostered players per team may participate. This max of 10 players includes the alternate player.
- Each team will be allowed to add one (1) alternate player to their National Qualifier roster. This alternate player must be registered for and played in at least two matches for any local WTT league held within the past 14 months. If this player is being added from the league/season the team qualified from, they may use their NTRP rating from the time of that league. If this player is being added from a different league or season, they must use their current NTRP rating.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the National Qualifier entry are eligible to compete at the Nationals.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.’s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same National Qualifier as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches.
- The first 16 completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
3.0 & under
3.5 & under
4.0 & under
4.5 & under
Senior 3.5 & under
Senior 4.0 & under
Senior 4.5 & under
Super Senior 3.5 & under
Super Senior 4.0 & under
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT DIVISION YOUR TEAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR:
The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team’s level of competition. For example:
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.5
15.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior division, the standard WTT format will be used (two courts; six sets; six games per set; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring; play service lets).
- The Super Senior division will not play singles and will play eight games per set with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all. All other rules will remain the same.
- In the event of inclement weather, the five set (one court) format may be used.
Friday, August 16
1:30pm – Captain’s meeting – each team must have one representative at the meeting
3:00pm – First round matches begin
9:00pm – Tournament play completed for the day
Saturday, August 17
9:00am – Tournament play continues
9:00pm – Tournament play completed for the day
Sunday, August 18
8:30am – Tournament play continues
4:00pm – Tournament play completed
Courtyard Raleigh Midtown
1041 Wake Towne Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Rate: $94 per night. Taxes and fees not included. Rate valid until July 25th or until the room block fills up, whichever happens first. Call
(800) 321-2211 and ask for the World Tennis Room Block Aug 2019 or book your reservation online:
ENTRY DEADLINE & FEE:
- Entry forms (to be completed online) and fee is due by Friday, August 2nd.
- Entry fee is $300.00 per team. Online payment or check accepted. Tournament director can also collect credit card information over the phone for those not comfortable with paying online.
- Entry fee includes balls, court time, awards, and much more! Awards will be presented to the Champion and Finalist team members present in each division.